IngredientsSuggestions for prepared recipes
- Cinnamon coconut bread
- Muffins such as Berry muffins, Orange and poppyseed muffins, or Banana chocolate muffins
- Frittata or zucchini slice
- Beetroot hummus (or purchase pre-made if short on time)
- toasted muesli or granola
- wholemeal or dark rye sourdough
- wholegrain crackers
- mixed nuts
- natural yoghurt, with cinnamon & berries
- brie or camembert cheese
- boiled eggs, halved
- almond or nut butter
- cherry tomatoes
- avocado wedges with lemon slices
- mango slices
- Select serving boards or platters to suit ingredients.
- Place larger items and prepapred recipes on boards first, making them the focal point of your platter.
- Add bowls of nuts, yogurts and dips.
- Add other small elements such as boiled egg halves, berries, fruit, veggies and crackers to fill in the gaps around the main plates.
- To finish your platter add decorative flourishes such as fresh herbs or edible flowers.
- Whenever possible work with odd numbers of similar items, such as three small bowls of dips.
- When it comes to dishes, anything goes - from your Nan's old cake tin to ceramic ramekins or clean jars from the back of the cupboard!
- Try popping chopped veggies on skewers or creating fruit shapes with cookie cutters.