IngredientsFor laksa paste:
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled
- ½ bunch of coriander, stems and leaves separated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbs reduced-salt tomato paste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised
- 400ml tin reduced-fat coconut milk
- 500mL reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tbs salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 500g firm tofu, cut into 2cm squares
- 2 cups snow peas, thinly sliced
- 150g thick rice noodles
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- To make laksa paste, combine onion, garlic, ginger, coriander stems, turmeric and tomato paste in a small food processor. Blitz until smooth.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frypan over medium-high heat. Add prepared laksa paste and lemongrass. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and stir to combine. Season with soy sauce and brown sugar.
- Bring broth to the boil then reduce heat to medium-low heat. Add tofu and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until warmed. Add snow peas for the last minute of cooking.
- Meanwhile, bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil rice noodles for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Divide noodles between serving bowls. Top with tofu and snow peas. Pour over broth. Finish with coriander leaves and serve with lime wedges.
Saturated Fat (g)7.1
Dietary Fibre (g)10.1