- 1 tbs oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp chilli flakes or powder
- 2 cobs corn, removed from cob
- 2 cups israeli couscous
- 425g can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 litre vegetable stock, reduced salt
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a heavy based large saucepan and saute onion and capsicum.
- Stir through chilli and corn and saute for 1 min.
- Add couscous, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock and bring mixture to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 mins stirring every few minutes or until couscous is tender.
- Remove from heat and fold through beans and cheese. Stand for 5 mins then serve garnished with coriander, chilli and lime.
- This recipe uses israeli couscous which are large balls of wheat-like pasta. They can be replaced with pearl couscous which are smaller.
- For a vegan recipe, remove cheese.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)14