- 400g sweet potato, coarsely grated
- 200g zucchini, coarsely grated & squeezed of moisture
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 green apple, coarsely grated
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- Combine sweet potato, zucchini, shallot and eggs in a large bowl. Fold through flour, cumin, coriander and a pinch of salt until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add ¼ cup portions of mixture into pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile, combine red cabbage, green apple and spring onion in a large bowl. In a separate small bowl stir lime juice, brown sugar and soy sauce until sugar dissolves. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Serve fritters alongside salad.
Saturated Fat (g)2.0
Dietary Fibre (g)5.9