IngredientsFor the dumplings:
- 400g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- ½ thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely grated
- ½ bunch of chives, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch of coriander, leaves and stems finely chopped
- 1 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 30 small square dumpling wrappers
- 2 tbs reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- Heat olive oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Add carrot and spring onion and cook for 1-2 minutes or until softened. Stir through garlic and ginger and cook for a further minute or until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir through chives, coriander, soy sauce and sesame oil. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce. Stir together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and chilli sauce.
- Place dumpling wrappers on a flat surface. Spoon two tsp of mushroom mixture onto one half of a wrapper. Brush edges with cold water before folding over. Press edges together to seal. Hold dumpling in your hand, middle point of the triangle pointing upwards. Placing your thumb in the middle and fold the other points over the top. Press to seal points together. Repeat with remaining wrappers and mushroom mixture.
- Place a steamer lined with baking paper over simmering water. Cook dumplings in batches for 15 minutes or until wrappers are tender and filling inside is warm.
- Meanwhile, make the dipping sauce. Stir together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Serve dumplings with dipping sauce
Saturated Fat (g)0.4
Dietary Fibre (g)3.8