- ¼ cup water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 long red chilli pepper, seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped (optional)
- 700g pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- ½ cup liquid vegetable stock, salt-reduced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ cup Sanitarium Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 tbs soy sauce, salt-reduced
- 2 tsp honey
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- Heat water in a large saucepan, add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Add garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add pumpkin and stir to combine. Pour in coconut milk and stock, and bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 8-10 minutes until pumpkin is just cooked.
- Add cauliflower, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, honey and chickpeas. Stir to combine and heat through. Stir in coriander and baby spinach leaves.
- Serve with cooked medium-grained brown rice.
Saturated Fat (g)5
Dietary Fibre (g)9.4