- 2 eggplants, halved lengthways
- 1 tbs olive oil, plus 1 tbs extra
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch of basil, leaves picked
- 2 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 40g parmesan, finely grated
- ¼ bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup reduced-fat grated cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 radish, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs sunflowers seeds
- Preheat oven to 220°C (fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Brush cut side of eggplant with a little oil. Place cut side down on the prepared tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat one tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add garlic and cook for a further minute or until fragrant. Pour in chopped tomatoes and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thick. Stir through basil leaves.
- Combine Weet-Bix, parmesan, parsley and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Once eggplants are tender turn over, so they are cut side up. Spoon on tomato mixture. Sprinkle over grated cheese and Weet-Bix crumb. Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Combine baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, radish and sunflower seeds in a bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and remaining one tbs oil. Toss to coat.
- Carefully transfer eggplants to serving plates with salad.
Saturated Fat (g)6
Dietary Fibre (g)12.0