- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bunch of coriander, stems finely chopped and leaves picked
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes (or tomato passata)
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk plus ½ cup extra
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 lebanese cucumber, grated & moisture squeezed
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and capsicum for 4-5 minutes or until starting to soften. Add garlic, ginger and coriander stems and cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Stir in cumin, coriander and garam masala.
- Add tinned tomatoes and ½ cup coconut milk and cook for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced. Stir through chickpeas and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ½ cup coconut milk, yoghurt, cucumber and coriander leaves (reserve a few for garnish) in a small bowl.
- Divide rice and butter chickpeas between serving bowls. Garnish with reserved coriander leaves and serve with coconut raita.
Saturated Fat (g)5
Dietary Fibre (g)10.5