- 1 tbs olive oil, plus 1 tbs extra
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced).
- Heat one tbs oil in a medium oven-proof frypan over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and celery for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for a further minute or until fragrant. Stir through paprika and ground cumin.
- Increase heat to high. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until slightly thickened and reduced. Remove frypan from the heat.
- Make four indentations in the mixture. Carefully crack eggs in. Transfer frypan to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, yoghurt, cumin seeds and salt in a large bowl. Use a spatula initially, then your hands, to bring the dough together. Divide the mixture into four rounds and dust each with a little extra flour.
- Heat remaining one tbs oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Cook flatbreads for 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Remove baked eggs from the oven and serve with warm flatbread.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)6.0